VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2001 volkswagen jetta: check engine light comes..parking brake…

Customer Question
i have a 2001 volkswagen...
i have a 2001 volkswagen jetta and the check engine light comes on and the code is a PO380 and it is a glow plug circuit malfunction what do i need to change to fix it and I also have a problem with the driving lights on this car they do not work even with the parking brake fully released
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
6/12/2010
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 8 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Welcome to Just Answer!

Ok what you will need to do is check every glow plug make sure they are good you can use a test light put it on positive and touch each end of the glow plug if the glow plug is good they test light should light up if not then you have a faulty glow plug if all the glow plugs are good more then likely you have a faulty glow plug harness . Now the issue with the driving lights you need to make sure the bulbs are good if you have good bulbs you will need to check and see if you have power and ground at the headlight connector if if you have power then its a faulty bulb wich i have seen 2 go out at the same time . If no power is found then you will need to trace the wiring and see where the open short is. I hope all this info has helped please dont forget to click accept for my answer and advice on this issue this is the only way i get compensated for my time and knowledge thanks!!