vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

I have a VW 2000 Jetta Vr6. The EPC and Check Engine light

I have a VW 2000 Jetta Vr6. The EPC and Check Engine light are on. When I put the key in the ignition and turn it on, the clock and odometer clicker, the rpm, fuel, and speed needles twitch and there is a grinding/clicking noise coming from behind the dash. The battery is brand new. Car will not turn over or start, barely enough power to lock the doors. Recently went to auto zone for a diagnostic. Said there was a random cylinder misfire caused by lean air/fuel ratio. The check engine light had been on and started blinking when I would accelerate, manual suggested a catalytic converter malfunction. Then the car completely shut down and the EPC light came on. I can't afford to go on a wild goose chase trying to fix the problem. Any suggestions on the most likely cause of these problems?
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 7 years ago.
Will the car crank?? have you checked your fuses? and was the engine light still blinking when you where driving it before this happened?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the car won't crank, fuses are fine, and the engine light was still blinking when i accelerated while before it died. i took it to autozone to get the diagnostic because of the blinking light.
Its sounds like there is a issue with the comfort convenience module wich this will cause the vehicle not too crank what you will need to do is check power at the one pin connector on the starter to check to see if you have signal to the starter while cranking the vehicle . If you don't have signal then you know its a problem with the module especially since the power locks are not working properly . I hope this helps.Please don't forget to click accept for my answer and advice this is the only way i get compensated for my time and knowledge thanks!