Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Ohms..testing crank sensor and cam sensors on 99 2.0 motors

how many ohms should i see when testing crank sensor and cam sensors on 99 2.0 motors
Category: VW
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

The crankshaft position sensor/engine speed sensor should be between 480-100 ohms and on the camshaft position sensors you need to verify one wire has good ground, one wire has good voltage, and the other wire should pulsate voltage. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
which pins do i test with on the conector
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
The middle pin should vary voltage and the end pins should have power and ground. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok so just to make sure im right , im checking the cranks shaft positions sensor that goes in to the motor near the fly wheel wear it meat with the tranny. i tested the outer 2 pins for resistance. my multimeter read out of limits(0.L)...... bad sensor?