VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

92 vw jetta: harness..have to play with it to start motor…

Customer Question
92 vw jetta shoulder harness...
92 vw jetta shoulder harness connection is bad. have to play with it to start motor. can this be bypast?
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: VW
12/11/2009
VW Mechanic: Jeremiah Mahler, ASE Certified Technician replied 12 years ago
Jeremiah Mahler
Jeremiah Mahler, ASE Certified Technician
Those seat belts connected to the doors were the worst. I have a 92 GTI that has them.

Since it is just a switch you could definitely bypass it.
From the wiring diagram (see below) it looks like the easiest is to pull out the Starter Interlock Relay and place a jumper wire across 87 to 30. This should have no detrimental effects since the ignition switch controls when power is applied.

graphic
Jeremiah Mahler