vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

How do you remove steering wheel on a jetta?

how do you remove steering wheel on a jetta?
Welcome to just answer!!!

What you will need to do is remove the drivers side airbag that is in the middle of the steering wheel first then make sure you remove the connector off the airbag and to the spiral spring . After the airbag has been removed their is a bolt in the middle that holds the steering wheel . To remove this bolt you will need a 12mm 12 point spline drive socket to remove this bolt. When you remove this bolt make sure before removing the steering wheel that you mark the steering wheel to the shaft so when you put it back together it goes in the same exact location heres a picture to help you take out the airbag.I hope this helps

graphic

• Release steering column adjustment.
  • Turn steering wheel - 1 - until steering wheel spoke is in a vertical position. Pull out steering column entirely and push into lower position.
  • Secure steering column adjustment.
Insert a screwdriver of approx. 175 mm length into bore of steering wheel pan from rear (insert screwdriver approx. 45 mm ).

• Press screwdriver in direction of - arrow -. In this case, clamp - 10 - will be pressed back and catch - 3 - of airbag unit will reby release.
  • Turn steering wheel back 180° and disengage second catch on opposite side.
  • Turn steering wheel - 1 - to center position (wheels in straight-ahead position).

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO CLICK ACCEPT FOR MY ADVISE THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID FOR MY TIME AND KNOWLEDGE THANKS

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!