VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

08 vw jetta cooling fans not working

Customer Question
08 vw jetta cooling fans not working
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
10/12/2009
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 8 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Welcome to just answer !!!

What is wrong with your cooling fans are they not coming on and the vehicle overheating? or are they not coming on when you turn on your ac?

Edited by vwtech0405 on 10/12/2009 at 7:18 PM EST
they dont come on at all i tried turning on the ac n they still dont work try disconecting the battery see if that would do it n no also i was looking for the cooling fan relay but cannot find it help me!!!!!!!!
We have seen many issues with fans not coming on usually you have a fault in your system . Are you able to scan the vehicle for faults ? The fan control module is built in to the one of the fans . What you can do is disconnect the fans and try to give them power and ground at the connector and see if the fans come on. What have been doing alot at the shop is replacing both fans. Are you still under warranty??
vwtech0405
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician