vwbugman
vwbugman, VW Technician
Experience:  35 years experience on VW air cooled and water cooled repair and restoration
13224258

my warning light on the diplay with the wrench icon is blinking].

my warning light on the diplay with the wrench icon is blinking]. what does it mean? how to turn it off? we just change oil at jiffy lube. Jetta 2006. 2.5

jetta 1955,

try this:

Mileage counter, On-vehicle reset for vehicles without MFI

With the key out of the ignition:

-Press and hold the "reset button for trip odometer" on the dash.

-Turn the key to the "ignition ON" contact position (Terminal 15 power). Wait for "wrench" symbol to appear in the odometer display. Then release the "reset button for trip odometer" and press the "MIN" button on the opposite side of the Instrument cluster.

To verify service interval has been reset:

-Briefly hold the "reset button for trip odometer" again.

^The "wrench" symbol will appear together with the reset number of miles / kilometers you can drive until the service due date. The display changes after about 10 seconds. A "clock" symbol appears together with the reset number of days until the service due date.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

It worked awesomeLaughing. However, how come the numbers of miles/km did not show up. A "clock" symbol did not appear, even the days until the service due date. Is it for different model of Jetta? Please let me know.

thank you vwbugmanLaughing