VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

2008 PASSAT: I CHANGE THE OIL FILTER..2.0 TURBO..TURBO ENGINE..ENGINE.

Customer Question
HOW DO I CHANGE THE...
HOW DO I CHANGE THE OIL FILTER ON A 2008 PASSAT WITH THE 2.0 TURBO ENGINE? IT MUST HAVE A CANNISTER FILTER ON THE FRONT OF THE ENGINE. HOW DO I OPEN UP THE CANNISTER AND WHAT IS THE DRAIN ZERK FOR AND HOW DO I OPEN IT?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
4/1/2009
VW Mechanic: Abe, VW Technician replied 8 years ago
Abe
Abe, VW Technician
Hi

the canister filter is located in the frt of the engine and you remove it with a 36 mm socket or an oil filter socket depending on housing. the center drain is to drain out the oil and not make a mess everywhere when pulling the filter off. you open it by pushing it in and putting it to the side at an angle to stay open however if you push to hard you can break the canister inside.
Abe
Abe, VW Technician
Abe
Abe
Abe, VW Technician