vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I am not sure how to turn on my heat in my 2002 passat

Customer Question

Category: VW
Expert:  Danny replied 8 years ago.
Customerbr />
I have a few questions in order to better help you. Do you have the Climatronic electronic heat and air controls or the standard 3 knob climatic system? Can you hear the blower motor activate? Does your vehicle overheat?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes the blower does activate but only cool air come through. It takes a really long time to heat up.
Expert:  Danny replied 8 years ago.
The vehicle takes a really long time to heat up or the air at the dash does? How does the temperature guage act when driving the vehicle, does it rise to the half way mark on the gauge fairly quickly (within about 5 or so minutes or a couple miles) and stay there without wandering? Also as asked before do you have electronic heater controls or 3 knobs?