Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

It has a message reduced engine speed and the car slows down…

Customer Question
It has a message...

It has a message reduced engine speed and the car slows down automatically

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Car has done 4000 km

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 4000?

It is a 2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 4000 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried nothing . Want your help. Is it safe to drive the car.

Submitted: 8 days ago.Category: Volvo
7/11/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 8 days ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

We would need to hook up a scan tool to see which codes are stored to know what diagnostics need to be done to figure out what repair is needed.

Your car is under warranty so I would let the dealer do that for you for free.

Based on the scenario information you gave me, one possible cause could be a glitch with the electronic throttle body.

If your plan is to drive it to the dealership. If you can do that in a safe manor, I do not feel like it is going to have more damage by the time you get there, from driving it instead of towing it.

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris