Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Volvo. I have a AQ 130 C Motor that is over

Customer Question
Hello Mechanic's Assistant: Hi...

Hello

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

Hello

Mechanic's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

My name is ***** ***** I have a Volvo

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

I have a AQ 130 C Motor that is over heating, I have check the oil cooler and clean it out now works just fine. I took number 3 spark plug out and found that it had water on plug could this be why it is over heating ? I also took out the heat sender out of the head and no water came out. could this be why it is over heating?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?

The thermostat is fine,check it in hot water on the stove. I have water in the lower half of engine block and no water in the head

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Volvo?

1974

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am trying to fix it myself, so far I have installed a new water pump, to me water is not getting to the upper part of the engine in head because I took out the heat sending unit just below the me out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The thermostat and no water came out.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Volvo
6/1/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Enes, VOLVO Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

to old no experts online

we just do here Volvo cars

I need someone that knows boat inboards( Volvo AQ 130 C) that is over heating. If no one can help me please refund my $5.00.