Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

The wiring diagram did not match, some of the wires had

Customer Question
different colors, Im still having...
The wiring diagram did not match, some of the wires had different colors, Im still having a hard time figuring out which pin is which, cant seem to find a pin out diagram of the ABS connector. The ABS module did not fix it, still no response from abs and the ecm speed dtc. Here is the full VIN. YV1RS58D912050210. I couldn't find where the date of manufacture was. I have not solved it yet, but the fog lights also don't work, don't know if its related, haven't dug into that problem yet. If you can get me the right diagram I can fix this car, I just need to know what circuit is what.
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/30/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 25 days ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Does your button on the Climate control have STC or DSTC on it?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It has neither, is that possible
Volvo Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 24 days ago

Yes, so there is no button on the CC panel that says STC or DSTC. Did you look closely at the reluctance rings at the end of the axles? they are bad to split. and make sure the center bolt (14mm) is tight?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
there is no button on the hvac. I re-inspected the tone rings, they look good. I also did a deeper inspection of the wheel speed sensor wiring. found an open circuit up close to the frame, looks like rodent damage. would this open circuit cause the no response from the abs module? I will repair the wire and report back. thanks!

Alright, that could be it, It should communicate with a scan tool even if that sensor had open wiring. But it is communicating because you got the 510F out of it right?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No, I never got to communicate it with using a snap-on scanner (fully up to date). The code was in the ecm. Heres what I found; The sensor fixed the problem. I still cant talk to abs, no response, however my scanner did allow me to clear the codes in abs allowing it return to a normal state (weird!). So because I couldn't talk to abs, I assumed I had a no-response module when that was not the problem. Gotta love it! ABs is fixed, thanks for all the help. I have a second issue, fog lights don't work. Switch lights up, icon in cluster lights up, but CEM shows relay off for the fog lamps. any suggestions before I start testing wires? I did reset the CEM to see if that helped but no change.
Volvo Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 22 days ago

Hey, sorry for the delay, crazy week, There is a fog light relay in CMI11 position. as in this diagram. maybe swap that relay with the fuel pump relay right besides it and see if it works then. Make sure your fuses are good. It may have a bad CEM, These do require a software patch in the CEM to initialize the fog light feature, which if it came with factory fog lamps as the CEM should have that software in it. If you can jump pins 5 to 3 in the relay socket on the CEM and the fog lights light up, then all your wiring is good. Glad you got that ABS worked out. Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you!