Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

How to fix anti-skid or brake systems failure on Bolivia’s…

Customer Question
How to fix anti-skid or...
How to fix anti-skid or brake systems failure on Bolivia’s
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician replied 22 days ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician

hi have you had the s abs system scan for code yet ?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No not yet, how can I do that?

what year is your car

r u there ?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
2007 Volvo S40
Volvo Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician replied 21 days ago

you most likely have a bad abs wheel speed sensor but because there are 4 of them on your car you will need to get the abs system scan for codes this will tell you what sensor is causing the problem then that sensor can be inspected and replace as needed .

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
How and where can I get the code scanned? Are you close to the Philadelphia area?

you can get it done at any repair shop or take the car to auto zone no i am not close to Philadelphia

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I am afraid the drive the car because it can shut off at any time while operating the vehicle.
Volvo Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician replied 19 days ago

then you need to get a scan tool or toe the car to the shop