Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2015 XC60. My wife was in the garage today and

Customer Question
I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 XC60. My wife was in the garage today and heard music coming from inside the vehicle. she did not have a key with her nor had she even driven it that day. The infotainment screen displayed the Volvo symbol. When she opened the door the music stopped, but the "low battery charge" notification came on when she next used the vehicle. What could this be?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?

The battery is original, coming up on 3 years old now. I have not tested it. But how would the battery activate the music?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, this is so illogical i don't know where to start. what could activate the music in a car that is not turned on or running?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 day by:
5/26/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Enes, VOLVO Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

hi

it can be one time low voltage software glitch I would re charge battery as first step or replace battery

2nd step aafter re charge you disconnect battery plus and minus cables from battery than tape them together for 30 min so they touch each other this will reset all computers in car

3rd step if nothing above help you will have to go to Volvo dealer install updated software what will change and reset software if above steps do not help

reply here if you have follow up

.X

do you have any other questions