Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

My rear brakes on the driver side has no fluid or air coming…

Customer Question
My rear brakes on the...
My rear brakes on the driver side has no fluid or air coming through when I am trying to bleed the brakes. The other side bleeds fine. I just replaced both rear calipers.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Volvo
3/31/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Remove the brake line from the caliper and see if you can get fluid to come out when the brake is applied. If so then your new caliper may have a blockage inside it or a faulty bleeder. If you get no fluid from the line that is open then the concern is with the ABS. It can have a stuck isolation valve.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris