Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

My daughter is visiting us in santa fe and must leave today…

Customer Question
My daughter is visiting...

My daughter is visiting us in santa fe and must leave today to return to denver. her volvo s40 (2005) broke down on the highway... I was able to diagnose a fuel delivery problem and had to let her allstate roadside assistance tow her car to a shop in santa fe. they replaced the fuel pump and it still did not work right, they said the part was defective and replaced it again and then they said the problem was being caused by corrosion of a module that needed replacing. they've had the car for 4 days and are already charging her $1100 and don't know when they will have the car ready.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your car been stalling?

It simply died and when I tried to start it the engine starter engaged but would sputter only for a moment or two. this is the first time it happened to her car

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your S40?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?

As I wrote, she was towed to a mechanic who replaced the fuel pump but said the replacement part was defective and took it back out and took the car apart further and put in another but said it was all caused by a corroded module which they are cleaning via soldering

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that my daughter can think of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Volvo
3/31/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic

sorry for the delay...........
This is probably the Fuel Pump Module in which Volvo has extended the Warranty for "10 years"
Click Attachment Below
IF you are NOT having Volvo Repair the vehicle, you "might" be able to contact Volvo in her town to see IF they will cover this

.

Let me know if you need further

.

.
If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..
.