Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 s80 3.2 no throttle response when cold unless put right…

Customer Question
2010 s80 3.2 no...

2010 s80 3.2 no throttle response when cold unless put right to thr floor. Also roaring noise comming from intake for the first 30 seconds to 1 min. car works good when warm

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

2010 volvo s80 3.2 litre

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its not a mini its a VOLVO .i'M A LICENCED MECHANIC WITH MY OWN SHOP so yes I will be fixing it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Replaces mass air flow and fuel pressure regulatoe

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

114,000 miles , serviced at regular intervals acording to the manual

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Volvo
3/28/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Is it setting any codes? It sounds like the throttle module, it's likely in limp mode with no throttle response. Have you scanned it yet? thank you.