Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1998 volvo s90 i just got it had been sitting a…

Customer Question
i have a 1998 volvo...
i have a 1998 volvo s90 i just got it had been sitting a while i took it on a road trip to see my dad it did wonderful 95% of the way thru the road trip but the last portion of the trip it started reading like it was running hot so i would pull over to let it cool. the fan was running most of the time after a bit made it to my dads them even after sitting over night started it and was still reading in the red so thinking maybe thermostat my dad replace it now its still reading like running in red and fan runs all the time and it is having difficulty starting its been and day and 1/2 and it hasn't even ran for 5 minutes. and i still need to get home. could it be the sensor? please help with any other recommendations.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Volvo
3/26/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Kevin, Technician replied 3 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi im kevin this will almost certainly be the coolant temperature sensor causing the issue here .there is no way after leaving it parked up and returning it will still be overheating so its almot certainly the temperature sensor giving a false reading

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all