Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a straight line that’s lit up. Width about the width…

Customer Question
I have a straight...

I have a straight line that’s lit up. Width about the width of a fine point marker on my speedometer it runs from 90 mph straight down to the mi on the speedometer . Is this a glitch or was it there all the time . I thought it just showed up this weekend. I have a 2014 Volvo XC60 T6 awd

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The instrument that is on the dash board that tells you how fast you are going

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '90 Volvo?

2014 XC60 T6. aWD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I just bought it 4 months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I am good other then that

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Volvo
3/26/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the instrument gauge panel itself.The circuit board or display part can act up/fail internally causing this fault here and usually, the instrument gauge cluster has to be either removed and repaired by an authorized repair facility or replaced.A dealer uses an authorized repair facility that they can remove and send it to to then correct this issue.

But looking at other models this is not normal for this to light up like this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete