Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

It started with a warning light saying driver door was not…

It started with...

It started with a warning light saying driver door was not shut and the warning light blinking every time I engaged the left turn signal with a beeping sound. Now it starts as soon as I start the car until I push the door lock in the locked position.It still beeps and flashes every time I engage the left turn signal. There is a steady motor sound coming from the door like a small motor running and something not catching.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

Not yet and the door switches with the window and the locks engage.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2006 volvo xc90

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Let me have mechanic check fuses and will get back to you

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No will recontact

3/25/2018
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
It can be lock failures but also main module they very pron to fail and cause electrical issues so called cem module they fail on that model frequent .
What is the best way to not keep buying parts? Have a local mechanic that will install if I buy, but the prices for the parts if they supply are extremely excessive. Trying to do minor repairs to sale car.This seems to go to other systems as it progresses and I was initially asked if I had checked the fuses. can this a series of reaction as each fuse goes bad? Trying to stay below $200 additional expenses before I sell the vehicle.

lock alone door lock cost over 200$ cem module Is part alone $1100

best way would pay someone to diagnose test failed module to test cem module labor is 200-300 $ lock testing is around $100 labor

Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
did rating and cancelled membership, Thanks for your interest.
Thank you