Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced the camshaft oil seal on a 2003 Volvo S60 2.4T.

Customer Question
Replaced the camshaft oil...

Replaced the camshaft oil seal on a 2003 Volvo S60 2.4T. Changed the timing belt at the same time. Drove the car 20 mile no issues. Turned the car off to get gas started up and check engine light was on. The code was PO016. Checked the timing marks and everything was lined up proper. Car runs like it always has just get seem to get rid of the code and engine light. Also changed the variable timing control sensor same issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Double checking the timing marks and the variable control sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am the one working on it have changed the timing belt on this car before with out issues stumped on this one

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 4 days by:
3/29/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 2 months ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved