Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Emergency brake won't release. 2008 c70, Car is new to me. I…

Customer Question
Emergency brake won't release...

Emergency brake won't release. 2008 c70

Mechanic's Assistant: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?

Car is new to me. I can try to check fluid now

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

A friend mechanic came to house and was going to remove center console, but didnt

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Volvo
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/21/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

have you tried stepping firmly on the brake pedal and pushing the button firmly while raising the handle?

Alright, if you've tried that, what happens is the plastic worm gear that goes down in the handle, (the release mechanism) wasn't built strong enough on these cars and you have to replace the handle assembly, once you pull the center console up you can unscrew the adjuster screw and get the brake unstuck to drive it though. Looks like this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looks like what?

Check this link out. trouble on my end with image upload at this moment.

https://www.ebay.com/i/282809642888?chn=ps&dispItem=1

The 3rd picture down, the silver adjuster will get the cables released.

The volvo part number for you car is 31329270

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. Having it towed. I will pass on info.

Absolutely. thank you and let us know if you have any further questions.

if your all set please don't forget to rate the question with one of the star icons at the top of the page. If you need any further assistance please let us know. Thank you.

Edward
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician