Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

JHoop, the windshield washer fluid doesn't work on my 2009…

Customer Question
The windshield washer fluid...

The windshield washer fluid doesn't work on my 2009 S40 Volvo. I've checked the fuse and there's plenty of fluid and the lines appear okay also. any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

No I only check the fuse (#17) in the engine compartment

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, fuse looks okay for windshield in engine compartment, fluid full, and hoses look okay to windshield

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also my am radio stopped working? The fm stations work but no am

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Volvo
3/21/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Check the fuse in location 48 in fuse box behind glove box and there are also 2 relays for washer in same fuse box. If fuse and relays are good then the most likely cause is the washer pump. The front bumper needs to be removed to replace the washer pump, most shops would charge around $300 total for this repair. I can give you instructions to remove bumper if you would like. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

Volvo Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.