Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Low oil pressure on truck gauges truck wants to shut down…

Low oil pressure on...

Low oil pressure on truck gauges truck wants to shut down oil pump has been replace the computer we have hook up has the oil pressure is good

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?

New oil sending unit also

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2007 d16

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes oil pump and sending unit

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I do not think so

3/20/2018
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

1st check the connection to the pressure switch is bright and clean and check back along the switch wiring for any signs of damage to the insulation

As if the wire is grounded out at any point then this will also turn on the light.

also check that the engine ground wire is secure and corrosion free at both ends

as if the earth is bad this will give all sort of electrical issues

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Matt, Engineer
Matt, Engineer