Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm having trouble with my 1997 volvo 960. I recently just…

Hey there, I'm having trouble...
Hey there, I'm having trouble with my 1997 volvo 960. I recently just did my timing, took the cam cover off , replaced all the seals and gasket, new spark plugs and new wire harness, and torqued everything down to specs. I started it up no problems, everything runs smooth but my engine light cam on and got the code p0341, so i bought a new sensor, erase the code but it still comes up. Any ideas?
3/20/2018
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
If you got new sensor then it can be wiring
What does the code say send me how it says fault signal missing full description from scanner
however, find a fault tracing guide for the Motronic 4.4 fuel system which says at pin 8 of the ECM you should have 5V with the key on. That is the signal from the CMP which alternates between 5V and 0V. It also says pin 2 should have 5V with the sensor disconnected which doesn't make sense to me since that is the signal wire from the CMP to the ECM. I'm still curious as to why my two cars have different readings with the same sensor.What you need to do now is disconnect the ECM and CMP and see if there is still voltage on that wire which would indicate it is shorted to power. I would also check voltage at pin 8 with everything connected with the key on.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is what my scanner reads:
Confirmed Trouble Codes
-P0340: Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Bank 1 or Single Sensor (Powertrain, Generic)
Pending Trouble Codes
Permanent Trouble Codes
Freeze Frame
Diagnostic information provided by OBD Auto DoctorI will get a multimeter and try what you reccomended
Check wires yes then check that wheel for cam
Sensor that monitors it make sure is correct positioning it has groves where to line up
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Can you press accept and rate answer we can reply faster and stay locked
Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician