Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm trying to price a key programed for a 2005 volvo xc70.

Customer Question
I'm trying to price...

I'm trying to price a key programed for a 2005 volvo xc70

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No maam

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Volvo
3/19/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

K thank you

This is not a cheap key to get a duplicate of, unfortunately, the key has to be cut by the VIN number, and programmed with software into the Central Electric Module or CEM. There is no way around this, and the only place that can do this is likely the dealership, unless you have a local automotive locksmith that has invested in the equipment to program keys for Volvo, (which is called VADIS) I doubt seriously they can do Volvo's, but if you live in a big city it's possible. Most of them can program domestic vehicles now, but not imports. Last time I priced a key it was 280$. so I would say anywhere from 250-350 depending on your area. you might inquire at a automotive locksmith shop and get it less, but again that is only if they have invested in the equipment to program Volvo keys. Does that answer your question? thank you.

thank you

Absolutely, Thank you and let us know if you have any further questions.

If your all set please don't forget to rate the question via one of the star icons at the top of the page. If you need to ask us anything else just let us know. Thank you.