Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Can’t open car door with my key a Volvo 2012. 90 suv. 2012.

Customer Question
Can’t open car door...

Can’t open car door with my key a Volvo 2012. 90 suv

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '90 Volvo?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

My wife drove the car to a meeting now she can’t get in the car whit the key

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Volvo
3/18/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

If it is like the first picture, the key blade comes out of that remote, then you can put the key blade in the door lock cylinder, Has she attempted that yet? to put the key in the drivers door and unlock it mechanically? vs. just pushing a button on the remote?