Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Ets light is on and it won't start. Doesn't seem like a

Customer Question
Ets light is on...

Ets light is on and it won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Doesn't seem like a battery thing...cu all electronics are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2001 s70

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I literally went out to drive home and it won't start 2 minutes ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Other than this ...the car has not given me a moment of trouble

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Volvo
3/18/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Hello, ETS stands for Electronic Throttle System, and it likely needs a new ETM, but, Can you disconnect the negative cable on the battery for about 10 minutes and try it again and tell me if that helps.

Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician