Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Ets light is on and it won't start. Doesn't seem like a

Customer Question
Ets light is on...

Ets light is on and it won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Doesn't seem like a battery thing...cu all electronics are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2001 s70

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I literally went out to drive home and it won't start 2 minutes ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Other than this ...the car has not given me a moment of trouble

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Volvo
3/18/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Hello, ETS stands for Electronic Throttle System, and it likely needs a new ETM, but, Can you disconnect the negative cable on the battery for about 10 minutes and try it again and tell me if that helps.