Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Volvo XC60 the problem I have is engine under load…

Customer Question
I have a Volvo...

I have a Volvo XC60 the problem I have is engine under load i have lost fuel pressure I have replace fuel pump, fuel filter , fuel pump ecu but still the same

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

The fuel filter is external filter

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your XC60?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have replace fuel pump inside the tank , fuel pump ecu and the fuel filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

But is the same

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Volvo
3/16/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help. Look at the very end of the fuel rail you should see a four wire fuel pressure sensor in the end of the fuel rail. have you replaced it yet?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No not yet I’m waiting for that parts now will replace it when I get it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have replace that sensor too but still the same what should I do
I was going to suggest a fuel pressure sensor but since you've already replaced it let me opt out. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
any suggestions
Volvo Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Okay I'm going to back up a little bit here. How exactly do you know that you're losing fuel pressure under load? Are you reading the pressure with the scan tool, do you have a gauge hooked up, or are you hypothesizing based on it lacking power under load?This vehicle actually has a recall for the engine control module software apparently it stop sending the signal to turn the fuel pump on but in the recall it describes it as basically just completely cutting out installing, even still I would maybe call the dealership and see if your vehicle is covered by the recall, get the ECM software updated and then continue diagnosing. I like to start with things that I know are wrong before I continue diagnostic because you never know what yours might have a different manifestation of this issue.Also just a slight bone to pick and I'm only telling you to avoid future confusion but ECU stands for engine control unit, most European manufacturers call them control modules, but you would just refer to the computer for the fuel pump as if fuel pump controller or fuel pump control module when talking to a tech. No big deal and I'm not trying to be nitpicky I'm just trying to like I said avoid confusion.One thing I would like is to know the values from the mass airflow sensor, can you give me the mass airflow sensor reading, meaning the amount of air it is seeing not the voltage preferably, at idle and at 2000 RPM while the vehicle stationary. Thanks, ***** ***** really help.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have used both diagnostics tool and fuel pressure gauge and I can see the pressure drop round 2000 rpm.
I will get you the air flow sensor reading later hope those information help thanks
Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician