Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 08 xc90 with the 4.4 and it is having serious

I have an 08...

I have an 08 xc90 with the 4.4 and it is having serious misfire issues. all new plugs and coils but misfiring like a son-of-a-bitch. suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?

100k, and started out misfiring only under a very light load but now is almost constant

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I've replaced all plugs and coils

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should do it

3/13/2018
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Is the misfire present on all cylinder or a specific cylinder?

at last scan i believe it was all except number 7

Ok. Is the misfire present when engine is cold, warmed up or all the time?

all the time

Has the vehicle overheated recently?

all the time but gets really erratic and jerky under light throttle input
no over heating

Have you checked for vacuum leaks?

i have not.

Do you notice any excessive smoke from the exhaust? if yes, what color?

it started only under light acceleration and especially when it was very hot out or if it had idled long enough to get thoroughly heated up, but is now constant
no there is no smoke. although i would have expected some from all the un burned fuel

Since all the cylinders are affected the problem has to be vacuum or fuel related. First step is to check for vacuum leaks and fuel pressure. Next step is to check for a faulty pcv valve and leaking vacuum internally.

okay thank you i will have that checked.

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh