Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm trying to find where a loose wire belongs in the rear of…

I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find where a loose wire belongs in the rear of my 2007 volvo s60 , it supplies the power to the sirius radio module. its red/blue

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Volvo S60. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Yes it has the Ipod connector hooked to the rear CD changer which runs through the sirius component via a seperate 10 pin connector. I lost the sirius function and after looking I saw the wire loose with looks like a internal guts { a metal pin} on the end I just don't know where it or what it inserts into. The wire has been spliced by the dealership to the connector fro the sirius module but this end is not from that connector.

3/13/2018
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

That BLUE/RED wire comes straight out of fuse 17 of the REM or rear electric module which is on the drivers side trunk area behind a trim panel. The wire goes to the Satellite radio receiver, I'm thinking something snagged the wire and maybe pulled it out of the receiver, can you upload a picture as to what the end of the wire looks like perhaps? Thank you.

sure give a min

Alright, did you see that picture I posted. that is where it goes into. looks like it pulled out of the connector and you still have the pin on the wire.

Thanks Ed the pic shows the connection plug with the b/r wire connected I’ve checked the SiriusXM mod the loose wire runs from that connector to what is now loose with the metal end I think it pulled out of wherever its connected but I don’t have access to a wiring diagram to find where it goes.Can you offer Any help with that connection. Runs into the buss maybe?

Absolutely, click this link and check out page 101, the 16/145 is the receiver, which is back on page. 207. It looks like the connector goes into pin A7. but if it ripped it out, I'm not sure you can repair it if it damaged the circuit board. maybe. I would just have to take a real good look at it. This is the entire factory wiring diagram for your vehicle and anything else that's not here unfortunately is only in Dealerships Vadis diagnostic system software. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

http://www.volvowiringdiagrams.com/volvo/S60%20Wiring%20Diagrams/TP3997202%202007%20S60%20S60R%20Wiring%20Diagram.pdf

Hi Ed, I think you’re right looks like it pulled out from the buss and I’m screwed! Guess I’ll have to take it to the shop tomorrow. Knowing this car probably be about 80-100 bucks to fix. Every thing runs at least that much. O well thanks so much for your help today. I probably did it myself cause when I opened the panel the buss was like hanging there on the lower pivot so I snapped it back into the upper bracket that’s when I noticed the loose wire. Jezze can’t catch a break today. ��Have a good night.

Yes, I thought it would probably damage it, but it's possible an electronics shop may be able to fix it. But that may be a stretch. Probably have to find somebody really good with a soldiering iron. Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Maybe check ebay on it too.

If your all set please don't forget to rate the question via one of the star icons at the top of the page. If you need any additional help just let us know. Thank you.

Okay and thanks again, I try your suggestions anything’s better than the dealership lol now I’m wondering how the buss came loose in the first place but it makes sense as I was driving grooving on the sounds when it just stopped. I will rate ya bro ��

Alright, thank you very much, and best of luck with it!

55357;� again thanks!

Absolutely!

Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician