Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2001 Volvo s40 trunk will not stay closed. I push it down…

My 2001 Volvo s40...

My 2001 Volvo s40 trunk will not stay closed

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

I push it down to close and it won't stay locked

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried moving the lid gadget back and forth and it won't stay locked

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The lid open light comes on, on the dash board.

3/13/2018
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

hi

most time lock do go bad and is mostly original lock so you will need lock assembly for trunk . you can try to lube it and make sure nothing got jammed or stuck in lock if that is all good than you will need new lock

Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician