Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 volvo v70 2.4 no start replaced fuel pump,fuel rail…

2004 volvo v70 2.4...

2004 volvo v70 2.4 no start replaced fuel pump,fuel rail pressure sensor and fuel pump control module still no start no fuel pressure

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your V70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Work in a shop i just gave you the list of parts that were replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that there is no fuel pressure

3/12/2018
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is***** the pump getting power when you crank the engine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it gets voltage from the module but no ground
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
from the fuel pump control module

If you disconnect the pump and apply power and ground to the pump will the car run?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no because the fuel pump is in the tank its brand new right from volvo
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
mechanic is checking now

Ok, let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it starts looped th ground from th module to the pump
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
engine started by looping the ground from the module to the pump

Have you ohmed out the wiring from the pump to the PEM? Was the PEM new or used?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
PEM is that the fuel pump module? if so yes its used

Yes, the PEM is the Pump Electronics Module. It sounds like the used PEM is bad or there is a fault with the wiring between the PEM and the pump or there is a bad ground to the PEM.

It's also possible that the ECM is bad although its not very common. Have you scanned the vehicle module for fault codes? Faults in the SRS system can disable the fuel pump.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
mechanic doing more test will get back to you

Ok

Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
im done
Marty
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician