Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

10-year-old low mileage (40,000) C70, has only done 500

10-year-old low mileage (40,000)...

10-year-old low mileage (40,000) C70, has only done 500 miles since last full service at Royal Motors two years ago, but "regular maintenance" reminder has now shifted to "urgent." There don't appear to be any other problems. Mostly the car sits in the garage and sulks.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

There's no leaking (judging by garage floor) Can't say how old transmission is, car belonged to my late husband.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your C70?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing it myself?? Are you nuts? It gets taken to Royal Motors when it demands, but as it has only done 500 miles since its last visit I did not relish another $1100 just because the maintenance light was activated - I had guessed by time (two years) rather than mileage or fault. But, of course, I could be wrong.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that I can think of.

3/12/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

It goes by both mileage and time. The reminder is just for the oil life, so you need to have the oil and filter change. Even if you only put a couple of hundred miles on the vehicle, the oil needs to be changed every 12 months.

Have the oil and filter changed and the maintenance reminder light reset.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager