Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

THE.GAS.CAP.WAS.NOT.CLICED.BY.THEATTENTED.ENGINE.LITE.COME.O…

Customer Question
THE.GAS.CAP.WAS.NOT.CLICED.BY.THEATTENTED.ENGINE.LITE.COME.ON..ITHIEN.IT..SO.IBLEED.THE.ENGINE.BLEEDE.CARUNS.FULLOF.AIRR Mechanic's Assistant: What...

THE.GAS.CAP.WAS.NOT.CLICED.BY.THEATTENTED.ENGINE.LITE.COME.ON..ITHIEN.IT..SO.IBLEED.THE.ENGINE.BLEEDE.CARUNS.FULLOF.AIRR

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

05.XC70

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

GETTING.GOOD.PRESSURE.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Volvo
3/11/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr. replied 5 months ago
Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If I understand you correctly, the Check engine light is on and the gas cap was not clicked tight. Is this correct?

BLEED.ENGINE.BLEEDER.GOT.GOOD.PREESURE.CAR.STARTS.AND.STOPS

The gas cap being loose will not cause the car to start then shut off. You may have a fuel pump that is cavitating the fuel. It would be prudent to see if you can get a scanner to extract the trouble codes stored in the computer. Once the codes are known, the root cause of the stopping will be much easier to address.