Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Where is the 12 volt supply to the accelerator sensor

Customer Question
Where is the 12...

Where is the 12 volt supply to the accelerator sensor located?

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

This is a 2011 Volvo s40

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?

Havent tried anything at this point. Engine system service urgent is showing on dash.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Volvo
3/10/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
I'm confused about what you're actually looking for do you have a fault code related to the throttle body or pedal because the throttle pedal and throttle body actually don't work off of 12 volts at least not on the sensors portion the throttle body motor doesn't work off of 12 volts put the sensors in the pedal and throttle body are actually 5-volt sensors, what voltage do you actually have in memory?
Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician