Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Right rear back seat release to fold down the back seat is…

Customer Question
Right rear back seat...

Right rear back seat release to fold down the back seat is not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2009 s80

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S80 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Hand another person pull release while I was inside back trying to pull it down. Nothing. Even when you pull the release I don't feel it release like the left side does

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Volvo
3/10/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
You will need to look in there with a flashlight at the latch assembly, and use a pick tool to release the latch assembly by pulling the lever that the cable is attached to. If you want to see what to do, fold down the other side and look at what the cable pulls on to release the latch. You need to use a tool to get to that.I'm not going to lie, it's really hard to release the rear seat from a closed position, even for a professional mechanic, with a ton of oddly shaped tools and who knows exactly what to do.You might try popping the handle off at the top of the seat to see if it looks like that's where it isn't connected and you can just pull the cable with pliers from there.
Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician