Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced throttle control module on volvo xc90 2005 2.5L T5,

Customer Question
Replaced throttle control module...

Replaced throttle control module on volvo xc90 2005 2.5L T5, now i don't know how to do avehicle commu- nication input: "Adaptation of the electronic throttle unit"

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Volvo XC90. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Oops typo

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Volvo
3/9/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Pete, Mechanic

What type of scanner are you using?

None. Lol.

Well the only way to calibrate the t body module is with a Vida scanner, which is the factory unit, or a volvo compatable one.I have an I scan scanner, which will work on some of the Volvo t-bodies, but have had to get a mobile service to come to the shop to do some of the stuborn ones. The last one that I did was a 2010 xc90 and I had to get the mobile service to do it. I am lucky, because the mobile service that I use is close by. Otherwise I would have to tow the cars to the dealer or turn the job away.