Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Trying to figure out labor cost or hours to replace an

Trying to figure out...

Trying to figure out labor cost or hours to replace an engine assembly on a 2005, AWD T6. Got told I have a blown head gasket.. Coolant being consumed, no coolant in oil, but low compression on cylinders 1 and 6. No coolant flow through heater coils, Themostat replaced..

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

2.9 L6

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Volvo?

XC90 sorry

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just bought it used, heater issue had just started, so suggestion was to replace themostat. Had shop replace themostat, and on refill of coolant it started to boil over after couple minutes, and Sensor spiking up pass normal operating temperature according. They thought they might have had a air pocket, but it keep consuming coolant, so they tested compression on all cylinders and found 1 and 6 about 70 psi.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it I think

3/7/2018
internal88
internal88, Mechanic

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am Brandon.

The book stated R&I Engine & Replacement Of All Necessary Components is 18.7 hours.

That is just for the labor not including the engine.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please rate me positive, thank you!

internal88
internal88, Mechanic