Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Searching for 2003 Volvo S60 2.4l nonturbo fuel pump driver…

Searching for 2003 Volvo...

Searching for 2003 Volvo S60 2.4l nonturbo fuel pump driver module wiring diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to see about that diagram for your Volvo S60. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Yes. Car is no start condition but crank ok and no fuel pressure

Attempting to bypass driver module to verify the module are no good. New fuel pump new module and no filter. But no fuel pressure by the gauge and relay are clicking when attempting to start. All fuse are ok. Battery brand new too.
Another question is I found the hidden small power fuse box next to battery in trunk as a 40amp slab. Could that be related to fuel issue?
3/7/2018
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

I don't believe 2003 non turbo had a fuel pump driver module. Do you have a fuel pressure sensor in the end of the fuel rail? it's a 4 wire sensor at the very end of the fuel injector rail.

Actually there is fuel pump control module on top of the fuel tank on the passenger side
Also yes there pressure sensor on fuel rail. But it also have a valve to check fuel pressure by gauge tool. So I try to release fuel out of rail. Nothing come out

Alright, if you have a fuel pressure sensor, then yes, you do have a fuel pump driver module. I wasn't sure on the non turbo's if 03 had this are not. It was right around mid 03 when they did this I believe. So you have no fuel pressure at all, all your fuses are good correct?

Correct. And relay is good. It clicking when I turn key over

03 isn't even showing the PEM in the 03. Are you sure this car is an 03? whats the build date on the drivers side rear door say?

2003 Volvo S60 2.4l build date 10/24/2003

that is an 04 anything after 08/03 build date is considered an 04.

Hmm. That interesting.
There no fuel coming out of fuel rail. Checked fuel filter. Nothing come out. I removed back seat cushion and bi fold seat. Check connector to fuel pump. But no issues

The BLUE wire should have 12 volts to the pump, when cranking. see if you have power there. the ground side is pulsed by the PEM. see if you have any voltage to the pump and measure between BLUE and ORANGE and the pump under the back seat.

Did you download the software into the PEM when you replaced it? It does take software. unless you replaced it with a used one same year car. If it's brand new. It needs software, as it is a module.

Sound like I need to reprogram the module. Because they both brand new. Module and pump

yes, it will need software, and that will probably fix it. Volvo's better idea now to keep do it yourselfer's from fixing their own cars is to put software in about every part associated with the vehicle for some reason. Anyway, I believe that should fix it most likely. Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you!

Thank you

Absolutely, If your all set please don't forget to rate the question via one of the star icons at the top of the page. If you need to ask us anything else just let us know. Thank you.

Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician