Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I just bought a 15.5 Volvo s60 T5. The trunk popped for the…

I just bought a...

I just bought a 15.5 Volvo s60 T5. The trunk popped for the first week I owned it and then a window was broken in an attempted theft. Since getting the car back from my dealer with a new window, the trunk no longer pops. The dealers and service people keep telling me that Volvo's don't pop, however my owners manual agrees with me that it should pop on the second click of the fob. What can I do to get this trunk to pop again? I'm very frustrated!

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

No but I have 2 fobs and both do exactly the same thing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've brought to the dealers and they all insist that it never popped... like I'm crazy.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all....

1/19/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, although it does not pop, does the trunk actually open and close with no issues or is it not opening at all at this point

The left arm is dragging a bit on something inside when I open it. It does unlock but def no more pop. After it was serviced I went to the store and the trunk would not open at all. I had to put my groceries in the back seat. When I got home I tried the other fob, same thing. Then I kept pressing the buttons and the inside button and eventually I heard a click. I can open it but it only unlocks on the 2nd click. According to the manual, 1st click unlocks it, second click pops it, but its no longer working that way. To be told that's by design is ludicrous as it's written in the owners manual.
Are you still there Eric?
If you don't answer me do I get my $31 refunded? This is unusual!
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you still need help with this?

please.

ok, these should pop on the second click, when they replaced your window, they had to initialize the window, and this is where you lost the programming, the dealer has to reprogram it, take your owners manual with you and show them that it is suppose to do this,Tim

I did! They insisted none of them do this even though it did before the window. They even picked another vehicle and showed me it didnt do it on that one either, like I'm an idiot.

then I would contact Volvo customer service, because they absolutely should pop on the second click, have yu called customer service yet?

No but I will. Thanks for validating my issue! I appreciate it!

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim

Tim was fast and validated EXACTLY what I needed to hear! Thanks Tim, you rock!

You need to physically rate me, there are 5 starts at the top of the page, you need to click on 3 or higher,Thanks,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
I have an appt with the dealership on Friday to, "see if there is a program available to fix this". Just more denial that this is really a problem. They are acting like it's normal to not pop and that I'm crazy for thinking it ever did! Strange game but my next call will be to customer service and the BB to file a formal complaint if they continue this ruse. Thanks!

Customer service is your best bet, they will send a district rep to handle this,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH