Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Brake pedal goes to the floor. Took master cylinder off,

Brake pedal goes to...

Brake pedal goes to the floor. Took master cylinder off, checked out fine. Put it back on and pedal is stiff.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried cleaning and oiling the brake pedal's pivot under the dash?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2004 Volvo S60 2.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked all the brake lines for leaks. Took brake master cylinder off. Put it back on and brake is hard as a rock.

1/18/2018
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused by a sticking bypass valve inside the master cylinder, if it sticks open, the pedal will go to the floor, and if it sicks closed, the pedal will be rock hard, it was obviously stuck open at first, and now its stuck closed, you will need to replace the master cylinder,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Thank u

Anytime my friend,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH