Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

After I replaced the battery, my 2008 Volvo s60 is npt

Customer Question
After I replaced the...

After I replaced the battery, my 2008 Volvo s60 is npt starting. Volvo told me to turn the key in the driver's side lock on and off, holding for 5 seconds each way. This worked sometimes, but is no longer working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

The car is usually in "Park". I don't know about the wheel lock feature. It is a T5 with most options. It has wheel locks on the 4 road wheels.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It started and I drove it to Pepboys yesterday. They cleaned up and tightened the battery lugs, so power is going cleanly through the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Pepboys checked the fuses in the engine compartment and in the set to the left of the steering wheel. All good. But there are 2 other fuse boxes not yet checked in the trunk and under the dashboard.. By some strange "coincidence", whenever I removed one of the headlight fuses in the engine compartment, it would start. But that no longer makes ad difference, and a message comes on saying the headlight failed..

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/18/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

Try this procedure

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

Do you have a capable volvo scanner , the pep poys only have engune fault scanner ,so if we had CEM MODULE FAULT,ANTI THEFT MODULE FAULT IT WANT BE ABLE TO READ IT

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

are the locks working ,with key fob to lock and unlock or No ?