Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

The same as mentioned above. 2006. No changed fan. No

Customer Question
The same as mentioned...

The same as mentioned above

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No changed fan

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No visible relay switch changed thermostat and sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

125000 start normally

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Volvo
1/18/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

What model 06 Volvo you have ?

are we talking about the cooling fan not running or inside blower fan

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know

Thank You
Chad Farhat

i have a 2006 volvo xc 70 /problem,,cooling fan comes on as soon as i turn on engine and goes off when i shut off engine ,,i replaced thermostat and temperature sensor ,i replaced cooling fan , i still have the same problem ,,and there there is no visible cooling fan relay switch on this 2006 model.

on This model there is no relay , We have Cooling fan control module at radiator frame support ( and is common issue ) most likely that needs to be replaced ,but make sure you check the electrical connector on it for any back out pins making poor connection before replacement

click on link to view location

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

That was not the answer problem persist

I will opt out of your question and open it for the expert

please do not reply back since it will lock question back to me so other expert want see your post to assist you further on it

Volvo Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the fan only runs when the engine is running then it's more likely due to an input such as coolant temperature or a/c pressure. If the fan runs all the time or as soon as the key is turned on then it cloud be related to the fan controller.

The first step in diagnosing the problem was to use a code reader or scan tool to see if any fault codes have set. Have you checked for codes?

can't remember the numbers, but the mechanic did say (fan control module) there is no visible fan control module on this fan , another code was ( ac pressure sensor switch ) i can get the exact code numbers on monday

Let me know exactly hat is currently setting and we'll go from there.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician