Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a v70xc and the diagnostic port doesn't work although…

I have a v70xc...

I have a v70xc and the diagnostic port doesn't work although it is receiving power (won't transmit)

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

1999 xc turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

It runs fine, the obd port isn't working. I'm not in area with Volvo mechanics.

1/17/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I recommend you start by ohm testing the communication wires from the DLC to the ECM to see if there is a break or resistance using this wire diagram. https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3ssu3gox8a0quy/cv70.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

It appears that pin #7 in the data link connector is bent. How do I get the dlc out of the center console and do I need a new dlc or can just get a pin?

See if you can gently bend it back.

Pins are not sold for this part.

You would need a replacement DLC pigtail then cut and splice it in.

There are not removal steps for this part but there is for the console trim panels if needed.

How do I remove the dlc?I looks like the pin can be pushed back into the socket from behind.
I need to access the back side of the connector to push the pin in. How do I get theDLC out ?

You use the link I sent to disassemble the center console. Once the trim panels are removed you can then get to the DLC.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

If I'm unable to reset the pin and require a DLC pigtail, where do I get one. Volvo specific? Need more tools than I have here at home and will attack it this weekend at the shop.

This should be a volvo specific part. I have not seen them aftermarket.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician