Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

It "eats" battery. It eats batteries. Three in 4 months.

It "eats" battery Mechanic's...

It "eats" battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

It eats batteries. Three in 4 months

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2012 XC60

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It always goes back to the dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Last two batteries were new Volvo batteries

1/17/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you know if this is from an over or undercharging issue or a parasitic draw?

Are you hoping to test and address yourself?

It has now been at the dealers since last Thursday. Dealer let it sit for 3 days. It would not start for them!
Dealer charged the battery (2 Mos old!) I will call them tomorrow.
Other then the battery drain the Volvo is a great vehicle. NOTHING else is wrong with it. I believe it is a Volvo problem.

A fully charged battery that dies in 3 days is going to be a parasitic draw. There is a circuit, component, or module on the vehicle that is staying alive and drawing amps from the battery while the car is off. They should have the tools and steps to diagnose this concern. If by chance they can not, I can help you.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician