Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 volvo s40. I left my parking lights on since…

Customer Question
i have a 2007 volvo...
i have a 2007 volvo s40. I left my parking lights on since friday, i went out to my car this morning and the car was totally dead. I tried jumping it, to no avail. i have the alarm light blinking and all electricals work. my mechanic about a year ago said my battery was almost toast. So i replaced the battery today. Have all electrical but wont turn over. also noticed all radio stations and time are reset.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Volvo
1/15/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The radio and time will reset when the battery dies out or is replaced.Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key or remote and see if it starts and runs then as this sometimes works.If this does not work let me know here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

No go. I hear the starter firing just nothing elese.

Is the starter engaging to crank over the engine properly but the engine is not starting?

Do you see a theft light or security light on the dash at all with this issue here that is on solid or flashing after you try and start it and just let go of the key when it won't start?

The red security light only blinkz when the car is licked as soon as i unlock it stops like normal.

Is there any way you can get the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set in all computers in your model and post any code info here for me to see?