Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

2007 V70 model says reduced engine performance and can't get…

Customer Question
2007 V70 model says...

2007 V70 model says reduced engine performance and can't get it to go past 10 miles an hour unless I "reboot"---shut off engine and try again Is this dangerous?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

105,000 manual transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your V70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

What do you mean fix it myself. I think that is a no

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

the engine module or cem module or abs is detecting a fault and it is sever enough to tell the computer to put vehicle in what we call Limp Mode or Reduced power ,where it want let you go pass 10 or 20 to keep you from damaging engine ,

a misfire , like plugs and coils will cause it , a fault in the abs or body modules will cause

this here issue ,you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the Vehicle modules and based on these fault codes we can pull up a Pin Point troubleshoot and be accurate on it ,If you do get it scanned ,you can post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

when you turn switch off to on , the car computer will scan for fault ,if it sees the fault it set limp mode right away and sometimes you can drive a little or until engine gets to operating temp then it will see it .

so you first step showed be having it scanted ,do we have fuel or spark or other issues causing to be accurate and not throwing parts at it

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat