Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Relaced the heater core in a 2000 s80 t6 twin turbo and now…

Customer Question
Relaced the heater core...

Relaced the heater core in a 2000 s80 t6 twin turbo and now the heat doesnt work. Both pipes on the heater core are hot when the engine has run for a while. i got a little heat out of the dash once I mangled the actuator for the blend doors on the left so i taped the arm in place to keep it in the hot position. I did this same job on my 2001 XC70 last year and that car heats up fine. also-i have been working on cars for 35 years i have had multiplt vws volvos and hondas over the years

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

I ran the car after the replacement and filled the coolant as needed-drove it for a trip, let it cool-added a little more so low coolant is not the problem come on im not a rookie-also, I never took the heater hoses loose in the engine compartment

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

2000 S80 T6 Twin turbo 6 2.8 6 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Let me guess-this is a computer not a person

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Volvo
1/7/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, can you explain what you mean by 'mangled' the actuator and then taped the arm in place? If the actuator or the shaft it attaches to is mangled, that would be the problem, which I would assume you know. So do you mean something else when you say mangled

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager