Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

It starts up but won't move when put into gear what could be…

Customer Question
It starts up but...

It starts up but won't move when put into gear what could be the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

I don't know how old to be exact and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

V70 turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes trying to fix myself and only thing I've done is checked the transmission fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just why it doesn't move when I switch it into gears

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Volvo
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/4/2018
Volvo Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 6 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Ok, with fluid level being correct, possible causes include failed transmission fluid pump, obstruction in the hydraulic chambers/ports, completely failed torque converter, plate separation in the valve body resulting in pressure loss, cracked band or clutches, or other internal failure.

In all cases this is going to require removing the transmission and tearing down for inspection and rebuild/overhaul as needed upon results of inspection

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate pop up rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.